I am an MSc student at Delft University of technology, currently working on my thesis. I have been trying to understand WISDEM for a few weeks now, but can not quite figure it out yet. I am wondering what the minimum inputs are the model needs in order for it to run? I have looked at the ontology (.yaml) files and am wondering if it is possible to leave a lot of the file empty? Will WISDEM calculate it for me if I do leave something empty?
I want to achieve something along with the following:
- Take a reference turbine, for instance the IEA 15MW turbine.
- Change its rated power and rated windspeed to desired values
- scale the turbine geometry using simple scaling laws
- Input new scaled geometry into WISDEM
- get WISDEM to output cost,mass etc. of scaled turbine components
I would like to know if this is at all possible and how I should go about this. I have looked through a lot of the documentation, but can't find the answers to my questions. If more info is needed, let me know!
Thanks in advance!