openfast v2.3

Topics of general, but wind-related interest.

Moderator: Bonnie.Jonkman

Gonzalo.Ahedo
Organization: IDOM

openfast v2.3

Postby Gonzalo.Ahedo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:31 am

Dear all,

My name is Gonzalo Ahedo, an Spanish engineer working in the offshore sector. Some months ago, I started simulating with DTU10MW WTG, and for that, I have been using FAST v8 without any problems.

But recently, analysing the trends of the offshore wind market, I have decided to use the new model of NREL15MW. For that model (https://github.com/put247/NREL-15MW-Off ... _prelim_v4) it is necessary to change my .exe, and start running simulations with the OpenFAST v2.3 (https://github.com/OpenFAST/openfast/releases).
After downloading all the necessary archive and preparing my simulations data, I encountered with the following error:

"It is not found the entry point of the procedure for_reallhoc_lhs in the library of dinamyc links (and the direction of the .exe)"

Unfortunately I do not understand to what is refering with this message, and I am not able to find anything useful in the Internet. So, I come here to ask if someone has face with the same problem and/or knows how to solve it.

Thanks in advanced,

Gonzalo

Akheel.Kodambiyakamkizhakkakam
Organization: NIT Calicut

Re: openfast v2.3

Postby Akheel.Kodambiyakamkizhakkakam » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:59 am

Hey all
Does OpenFAST consider the coupled dynamics of the platform structure and tower in the case of floating offshore wind turbine?

Thanks in advance
Akheel

Jason.Jonkman

Re: openfast v2.3

Postby Jason.Jonkman » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:50 am

Dear Gonzalo -- Sorry, but I'm not familiar with this error. I would suggest posting your question on GitHub issues (either in OpenFAST or for the NREL 15-MW turbine).

Dear Akheel -- Yes, OpenFAST considers the coupled dynamics of the platform and tower for floating offshore wind turbines. That said, in OpenFAST v2.3, the platform is considered a six degrees of freedom rigid body. We are working on an upgrade to OpenFAST to support the structural flexibility and member-level loads of the floating platform, which will be available in a future OpenFAST release.

Best regards,
Jason Jonkman, Ph.D.
Senior Engineer | National Wind Technology Center (NWTC)

National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
15013 Denver West Parkway | Golden, CO 80401
+1 (303) 384 – 7026 | Fax: +1 (303) 384 – 6901
nwtc.nrel.gov

Return to “General”