I would like to obtain linearized eigenvectors of the integrated structure (foundation + turbine) for different operational conditions:
- - Jacket foundation modelled in external software reduced to Craig-Bampton (CB) superelement (SE)
- Linearized for a range of wind speeds [U_cutin U_cutout]
So far I am aware of the following functionalities of OpenFAST/FASTv8 which could help me in obtaining the results:
- - ExtPtfm module that can import Guyan superlement (6 x 6) matrices. Found some discussion here : https://wind.nrel.gov/forum/wind/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2433&p=14023&hilit=Extptfm#p14023
- Linearization module: https://wind.nrel.gov/forum/wind/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1232&hilit=linearization and linearization theory: https://nwtc.nrel.gov/system/files/FAST.pdf
- MBC tool for azimuth averaged matrices: https://nwtc.nrel.gov/MBC
- - Can CB SE be imported in ExtPtfm (n x n) matrix, where n > 6. Any recommendations on input file / format to start with?
- Can the linearization tool be run with ExtPtfm foundation where coupling between blades and internal foundation dynamic is included
- Can linearized (averaged) eignevectors be obtained for various wind speeds
- Where would you recommend to start with? Test14 extended with ExtPtfm foundation?