FAST v8.15.00a-bjj is the latest public release under the FAST Modularization Framework. Major changes in v8.15 and its various modules from the previous release include the following:
- We added visualization capability based on either surface or stick-figure geometry for model reference and initial configurations and time-series animation. FAST can now generate Visualization ToolKit (VTK) output files that can be read and viewed in standard open-source visualization packages such as ParaView or VisIt. See the example FAST-generated surface visualization graphic below.
- In AeroDyn v15, we added unsteady airfoil aerodynamics, improved the existing blade-element/momentum code, and updated the documentation.
- We added tower-based tuned mass dampers (TMDs) to ServoDyn, in addition to the nacelle-based TMDs previously available. Furthermore, the TMD capability (for both nacelle- and tower-based TMDs) has been updated with expanded functionality.
- Documentation for BeamDyn has been updated.
- Documentation for routines in the NWTC_Library has been added.
- We fixed many bugs.
FAST v8.15.00a-bjj is available at https://nwtc.nrel.gov/FAST8.